Austin Air, Allergy Machine® HM205 & HM405
Are you struggling to find relief from your allergy and asthma symptoms? Let Austin Air help with the allergist-recommended Austin Air Allergy Machine Air Purifier. Using a combination of particle and odor filtration, the Allergy Machine quickly removes the most common allergy and asthma triggers from your environment—before they lead to an attack. The Austin Air Allergy Machine:
- Is designed to help relieve your allergy and asthma symptoms
- Cleans the air in large spaces measuring up to 1,500 square feet
- Removes dust, pollen, tobacco smoke, chemical vapors, gases, viruses, bacteria, and more
- Traps 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns and 95% of particles that measure 0.1 micron and smaller
- Generally requires a filter replacement only once every 5 years
- Needs minimal routine maintenance
Powerful Filtration to Stop Your Symptoms
The Austin Air Allergy Machine Air Purifier produces healthy, allergen-free air to relieve your symptoms using a 360-degree filtering system and a revolutionary HEPA/HEGA combination filter. This progressive filtration system is designed to deliver clean air faster and more efficiently than other air purifiers.Every minute, the system pulls in more than 250 cubic feet of air from all sides of the air cleaner. Air then passes through the HEPA/HEGA filter and is blown back out into the room through the Clean Air Pocket. Using this technology, you’ll gain quicker relief for your symptoms, and you’ll maintain that relief for longer periods of time. This is especially useful during the overnight hours.At the core of the Austin Allergy Machine is a cylindrical-shaped air filter that cleans the air in 4 stages:
PERMAFILT Pre-Filter - During stage 1, air passes through a cotton PERMAFILT pre-filter, which captures particles easily seen by the naked eye, such as large dust and pet dander particles.
Medium Particle Filter - Next, a medium particle filter traps small- to medium-size allergens, such as mold, pollen, and dust mites.
Medical-Grade HEPA Filter - Next, air glides through 60 square feet of true medical-grade HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) material where it is scrubbed free of harmful bacteria and viruses as well as smaller pollen, mold, pet dander, dust, and ragweed particles.
HEGA Filter – During the final stage, a HEGA (High Efficiency Gas Absorption) filter constructed of military-grade activated carbon cloth absorbs chemicals, gases, fumes, vapors, and odors. HEGA filtration is particularly effective in removing harmful volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
Overall, this long-lasting combination filter eliminates 99.97% of airborne pollutants that are 0.3 microns and larger, 95% of particles that measure 0.1 micron and smaller, and more than 3,000 types of toxic gases and odors. You'll rest easy knowing that you and your family are breathing the cleanest, allergen-free air possible.
HM205 vs. HM405 The Austin Air Healthmate comes in two convenient sizes to fit your room size perfectly. The standard-sized HM405 has a max fan speed of 400 CFM to clean rooms up to 1,500 square feet. The HM205 (Jr.) uses 400 CFM to clean rooms up to 700 square feet.
- Easy Controls - Choose from 3 purification speeds using the simple manual knob control.
- Independently Tested - Like all Austin Air Purifiers, the Allergy Machine has been independently tested for filtration effectiveness by third-party and U.S. government labs.
- Easy Filter Changes - Just remove the bottom cover of the air purifier to access the old filter and drop a new one in.
- Smooth-Roll Casters - Casters come standard in the HEGA, and are an optional accessory for the HEGA Jr.
- Easy to Use - No complicated control panels, the Allergy Machine includes 1 manual knob control to adjust your fan speed and turn the unit on and off.
- Long-Life Filter - The combination HEPA/HEGA filter needs to be replaced only once every 5 years under typical use to help save you money on costly filter replacements.
- Chemical Control - Consider if you need a higher level of odor and chemical filtration. If so, you may want to upgrade to the Healthmate Plus.
|Manufacturer-Suggested Room Size||HM405: 1500 sq. ft., HM205 (Jr.): 700 sq. ft.|
|Recommended For||Allergies, Asthma, Multiple Chemical Sensitivity|
|Best Fit||Ideal for allergy- and asthma-sufferers|
|Room Size (based on 4 Air Changes per Hour)||HM405: 750 sq. ft., HM205 (Jr.):: 375 sq. ft.|
|Amount of Air Moved (Max CFM)||
HM405: 400 CFM
HM205 (Jr.): 200 CFM
|Number of Fan Speeds||3|
|Filtration System||Carbon Filter, Military-grade carbon cloth, HEPA Filter, Pre-Filter, Large particle pre-filter|
|Pre-Filter Type||Large particle pre-filter|
|HEPA Filter Type||
HM405: 60 sq. ft. of true medical-grade HEPA
HM205 (Jr.): 30 sq. ft. of true medical-grade HEPA
|Number of Filters to Change||1|
|Pre-Filter Replacement||60 Months|
|HEPA Filter Replacement||60 Months|
|Carbon Filter Replacement||60 Months|
|Amount of Carbon||Military-grade carbon cloth|
|Filter Change Indicator||No|
|Minimum Noise Level||50 dB|
|Maximum Noise Level||66 dB|
|Minimum Wattage||56 W|
HM405: : 115
HM205 (Jr.): 80 W
HM405: 23 in.
HM205 (Jr.): 16.5 in.
HM405: 14.5 in.
HM205 (Jr.): 11 in.
|Depth||HM405: 14.5 in.
HM205 (Jr.): 11 in.
HM405: 33 lbs.
HM205 (Jr.): 14 lbs.
|Air Purifier Type||Portable Air Purifier|
We Also Recommend
IQ AIR, (F2) V5-Cell Gas & Odor Filter (2 weeks delay delivery)
BlueAir, 200/300 Series Replacement SmokeStop Filter